Thursday, May 8, 2014

If You Take a Teen to the Doctor

If you take a teen to the doctor to rule out strep throat he will be taller than the choo-choo train table.
If he's taller than the choo-choo train table you will laugh and think to yourself its time to move your 6'2 son to Family Practice.


If you think you should move to Family Practice you will realize that he won't have great reading material like Andy has Asthma and bedwetting brochures to read anymore.




If he doesn't have Andy has Asthma and bedwetting brochures to read he will fill out his complaint form and notate that his last menstrual cycle was 2 weeks ago.


If he fills out his complaint form and notates that his last menstraul cycle was 2 weeks ago,
well
never mind.
The end.

Dear grown up Jordan, 
You make me laugh. You make me like laugh, laugh. I have more fun going places with you even in the most mundane tasks than is ever considered normal. I love your heart, your sense of humor, and the way that you are uniquely you. We may not color on the exam room paper with crayons from my purse while we wait anymore like we did when you were little, but talking about menstrual cycles and bed wetting is equally entertaining with you. Love you kid. Errrr man. Errr manchild.

Love, 
Mom

7 comments:

  1. OH MY STARS! Just experience the same thing w/ our SEVENTEEN year old son. Somebody SLOW DOWN THE CLOCK! Like your Jordan, our oldest is flat out fun to be around. Oh how he makes me laugh. We mamas are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! When did that happen? I think you need to change your blog header, deary. They do grow way too fast. My blog header is over a year old and my kids look way different and two of them are married! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay! You are back! Hooooray! Looking forward to many more fun stories, (and the hard ones too--they're all part of the journey) And yes, you should change your header, you know, like in your free time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer my question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a question Sonia. Can you email me? Christy@elillie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad that we're not hearing from you anymore. I think of you often and say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sonia! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1 AT gmail DOT com :-) I greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete