Friday, February 19, 2010

The boringist adoption blog EVER

Are you bored with my blog? I am! I'm ready to see our name attached to their files! I'm ready to show you their precious little faces! To post some serious video cuteness! To know that I know that I know that they are ours. We have our eyes on a couple of older boys that have been on the shared list for a looonnnggg time. We need to be a bit farther into our home study process before we can officially ask for them...that's the bad news. The good news? Well, the good news is that if they are supposed to be ours that the God of the Universe, the Creator of Heaven and Earth is waaayyyy bigger than any of this and if those two are ours then they will be ours. He is too big to let them pass us by, He is too big to let us have them if they are in fact not ours. Wow. What peace. So very thankful that the Lord is in charge of this and not me....I would SO screw it up. Of that I am certain. Do I want them to more efficiently return my phone calls or to have my emails answered...uhhh yeah. Am I freaking out....uhhh, no. There are a lot of changes in the system going on right now and new lists of available kiddos coming out the last few days so I know that they are busy. I know that families are scouring the new lists and finding their children. So happy for them. Busy. I get that. Peace? Yes. Understanding? Yes. Getting slightly frustrated? Yes....darn that flesh of mine. So for now I will go bake some red velvet cupcakes for a much delayed Valentine party at the twins school....and I will compulsively hit refresh on my email every 2.7 seconds. I knew that multi-tasking ability would come in handy at some point.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

1 comment:

  1. You're a military wife, you should be use to this waiting game by now! Just kidding friend, peace and patience are your strengths, also being really funny is your strength too but I don't see where that is going to help you at this point. So just know I'm thinking of you and won't be emailing you as to not get your heart racing.

    ReplyDelete