Saturday, April 18, 2015

Why I Do What I Do.

I wanted to take a moment and explain why I keep voluntarily packing up, kissing the heads of my squishy babies and heading across the world.

I want to tell you it is to be sincerely supportive of my friends.

I want to tell you that it is because of the opportunities contained within such a trip that allow me to love on the fatherless and to learn more and more and ever more about the complexities of the orphan crisis.

I want to tell you that it is because I am noble. And righteous. And have a perfectly pure heart.

But what I'll tell you instead is the truth.

I go because of the dragon fruit. 

There.
I said it.
It's cuz of the dragon fruit.
I want to marry it and have its babies.

If you've never experienced such a thing, my condolences....and a moment of silence....

*
*
*
*
*

Allow me to introduce you:
Dragon Fruit. Jesus loves me.
Do not mind the fresh blackberry pastries next to the fruit. 
These are not the droids you are looking for.

I have no words for the deliciousness that is this fruit.
I eat an embarrassing portion of this each day that I am in Asia.
Embarrassing. Portion.
So if one day you too find yourself in the East.......eat this.
And then send me a thank you card.
You're welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment