Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's a New Day

Ahhh how I love soaking up some SONshine.

As I was reading this morning in the backyard with the birds chirping, the sun shining down, a hot cup of coffee in my hand and my Bible in my lap I read this from Acts Chapter 1. Jesus is about to ascend into Heaven and his disciples are questioning him about when the time will be at which He will restore His kingdom.
......ahhh..questioning Him about His timing.....
Hello conviction.
My name is Sonia.
Nice to meet you.

Anyhoo, here is Christ's response:
" He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."Acts 1:7-8

Btw I had no idea what on earth an epoch was so I looked it up. It means a particular part of history or an era....just in case you were curious. 

Bottom line I have NO idea why we are having to wait.
But He knows.
And we trust Him.
Now if my impatient flesh would just continually remember that it'd be a hecka of a lot easier! 

Now on to another pressing item....my friend Cari has tagged me to come up with 10 surprising things about myself....
what she doesn't know is that I am like the most boring person on the planet...so coming up with 10 things....
oh my....
time for my coffee while I ponder that. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm tagged too so I'm waitin to see what you write down - then I'm gonna copy it!!

    Glad your finding some comfort in God's word! Praying it's soon!

    ReplyDelete