Friday, December 10, 2010

I take that back......they ARE separated. -sigh-

Well.....
I had a feeling this was going to be the case...
not really too much time to quite digest this news yet.....
6:41am
hot cuppa coffee sitting next to me
watching the sun rise
and checking my email before the kids wake up
and I see not only an email from the orphanage but also another email from the courier when I ordered the orphanage call.

Here is what they now told Katherine from Gifts to China with Love 
(I X'd out their names and locations)

"The orphanage said that they are in the different family since a month ago,.
LXX jun is now in XXXXX FAMILY MEANS SUNSHINE FAMILY

LXXX is now in XXXX FAMILY MEANS HARMONY FAMILY.
EACH FAMILY HAS 8 TO 9 CHILDREN.FROM AGE 6-10.
THEY  LIVE VERY  CLOSE AND PLAY TOGETHER USUALLY."

Ummmm.
Ok.
No idea why they gave her different information yesterday? 
Maybe whoever she spoke with was misinformed?
I also doubt that they live "very close" as I was told that the other family home is "quite a ways away."
I'll hope that's the case.....but still doubt it. 

And then the email from the orphanage which reads:
"Hello!
LXXX and LXXX and this time you have seen letters and photographs, and they were very excited.
Before they lived in the same family, then for some reason, LXX transferred to another family (LXXXX in the "Sunshine home", LXXX "Harmony House"). They live very happy. Recently, LX(Jacob) often curiously asked some people what the United States? When can I go abroad? U.S. parents is good and so on. LXX(Jacob) character more cheerful and lively, very smart, he second year, a great achievement! LXX(Joey) recently is learning to adapt to first grade, and now more sensible, or the like before, so lovely. They know they have been adopted, and am very happy for this, and hope soon to go abroad. They often look at your photos come out, and it sent you the gift of love. Want them to go abroad after living more than happy now."



So here I sit. 
Wondering....my first thought was to shoot an email back saying, 
"What the heck are you thinking separating them now?" 
Just kidding...
ahem.....kinda. 

But truly I am wondering and seeking you other adoptive moms advice....
better to request that they be moved back in together when in just a week or two they are then going to be moved again back to the orphanage to wait for us? 
Better to leave it be? 

I am still so grateful that the reason Jacob wasn't there(reference earlier posts) is not because he was sick or anything so I do have some perspective that this isn't the end of the world. 
I guess it just makes my heart hurt for them. 
They were together in the orphanage as infants and then moved together to the same "family(foster) home" for years and so for Jacob to be moved only a month ago, and for Joey to not be with his best friend...add to all of that the fact that they are going to be moved again when they go back to the orphanage in the next week or so as they wait for us.....gracious... that is a lot. 


So here I sit. 
Half asleep
sucking down more coffee
positively aching to hold them 
and praying for my two littlest boys. 


I'm sure I'll have more to say when I fully wake up but for now Mr. Folgers and I have a date.

5 comments:

  1. That is just strange. Don't know what they were thinking either. Great thing is, though, pretty soon they'll be together for EVER!!!!! And that's all you need to think about : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sonia. What the heck were they thinking? ugh. BUT, SOON, very very soon they will be together FOREVER with their WHOLE family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable!! These children have been moved from place to place. I think you'd better just let is be for now. The good news is that they will be so happy to be together. The whole thing is just so frustrating!! Who knows what they're thinking!! Hang in there, girl! These labor pains will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sonia!! It is so hard sometimes trying to figure out why the orphanages do certain things that just don't seem to make sense. I know you know though that the Lord is with them both and will watch over their hearts! I think if you weren't traveling anytime soon, then I would ask that they be put back together but since you WILL be holding them soon, I think I would leave it be. They WILL be together forever - soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I know you are so disappointed and confused about the reasoning behind all that. I am so glad you will be going to get them soon. So many adjustments for these precious children. It is good they are coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete