Part Duh. Instead of Deux. I crack myself up.
And it's late
and waaaayyy past my 8:30pm bedtime
so I may be getting punchy.
Don't judge me.
Yes I have the sleeping schedule of a 2 year old.
I said don't judge me.
- I met a lovely lady at the hotel yesterday in line for breakfast that recognized me from the blog. This was a first for me. She's a fellow AF wife. She's sweet. They too are headed to their next assignment. I almost sat down with them to eat tonight. But then I decided that would be intrusive. And then she would think I was weird. And then she wouldn't read it anymore and she'd be sorry she recognized me. So I didn't. And I ate with my smelly posse of boys instead. Hi nice hotel lady!
- My 13 year old was standing next to me when this happened. He thought this was ridiculously cool and I even made his face-book status today when he told his friends.
- That's right. I'm cool in the 13-14 year old age division.
- We are in the middle of what is the easiest & smoothest move we have had in 13 years.
- Granted not easy on the emotions but easy on the process nonetheless.
- Jacob didn't ask to call his China Baba today. Or his China Babbage as my friend Jean said. Ha. China Babbage. Crackin me up. I love that.
- I still have my friend Emily's tea that I picked up for her from Don & Susan in Guangzhou. I haven't mailed it yet. Is nearly 5 months still within the appropriate grace period for mailing tea?
- You should know I have post office issues.
- Emily, obviously, was unaware of this.
- I heart our adoption agency. I feel so confident that they will rally behind us in getting this kiddo home quickly. If you need a great agency let me know, I've got a name for ya.
- Whilst packing up some plastic fork and spoonware for our transition time I also remembered to throw a couple of pairs of chopsticks in the bag. I think this small act cemented my Mother of Asian Americans status. Or maybe it didn't. I dunno.
- We are at a bit of a standstill with #7's name. Had I known 14 years ago that there were going to be 7 of them running around.....well.....let's just say this J issue would not have taken flight.
- This experience has left me wondering....is it too late to change all of my children's names?
- My husband finished his program today. This.Is.A.Big.Day. We took what was going to be a challenging year and amped it up a notch or 12,000 with all that has transpired with our family in the last 12 months.
- I am considering making a tee-shirt to wear around our new base that says something like, "Hello. I am Sonia. I'm a nice person. I'm new here and I don't know anyone. Will you please talk to me?"
- Does that sound desperate?
- I dunno.
- Did I mention I dislike the getting to know everyone phase of moving?
- I dislike the getting to know everyone phase of moving.
- I can't wait to show you little man's picture.
- Gracious how you can love some one from so far away that you haven't met continually amazes me.