A few random things:
- My hair has made peace with the humidity.....or salty ocean air.....or whatever other unknown force was causing it to resemble something out of an 80's rock band. For awhile there I almost purchased a crimper......just so I could feel fully retro.
- Do not despair however. I did not buy one. Or find one. Or even seek one. But if I did I think it'd be fun to bedazzle it, wrap a scrunchie around it, and keep it in my drawer right next to my fluorescent green socks and my NKOTB album.
True pathetic story.
- My BFF the GPS is slowly being replaced with my own natural ability to remember how to get from here to there and back over here. By the time our AF days are over I should be able to fully navigate most cities in America from memory.....or I will be so confused by that point as to what is what and where that I won't be able to get out of my own driveway without it. This is gonna go one way or the other.
- The gas station here on base is running some kind of evil promotion whereupon when you purchase 8 gallons of gas you get a free package of M&M's. Folks, I drive a Suburban. Let's just say there is a lot more of Sonia to go around these days.
- I have watched way too much Phineas and Ferb these lazy summer days. I may or may not be as....if not more....excited about their upcoming movie as the kids. Did you know Ferb was adopted? It was that knowledge that planted that proverbial adoption seed in my heart. I'm just sayin. I'm also just kiddin.
- I still miss hearing the word "ya'll" all around me, being offered fried okra with my pancakes in the mornin, and having massive amounts of sweet tea coursing through my veins.
- I heart new friends at a new base. Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, new friends at a new base. These are a few of my favorite things.
- We think we found our new church. Woot-Woot!
- I completely forgot to announce in blog land that we got our LID a week or so ago. It's July 11th. Just in case you were wonderin. Technically I guess that makes today only day 14 of the wait for LOA. My counting was a bit askew.
- I like using the word askew.
Askew me now,
Phineas is coming on.
Catch ya on the flip side.