Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My thoughts


on summer camp...
when you have boys.

My thought.
Don't go.
If you are the mom.
Don't go.

Allow me to illustrate:
Exhibit A
This is not ok with me.

Nope.
Nuh-uh.

Had I been there to witness this in person I would have been thrown into some type of massive cardiac arrest.
Instead, I stumbled upon these pictures a few minutes ago sitting peacefully on my couch with a couple of smelly twins on my lap reviewing pictures from their camp.....
where my husband was with them.....
taking pictures of their high-flying stunts....
FROM THE SAFETY OF THE SHORE LINE.

Not convinced?
Well.
Exhibit B if you will

B
B
G
U
N
S

Has he not ever seen A Christmas Story?
Does he not know that you'll shoot your eye out kid?
Does he not know better than to let my babies handle a BB Gun?
I think we have some re-training to do.

Exhibit C.
Painting.
I mean come on!
The danger!
Someone could....uhh...err....ummm......
err...ok.
Never mind.
This is actually my kind of summer camp.

Exhibit D I have no photos of...
so the story I will tell.
John texted me the day before they arrived home to say that Justin got a little dehydrated but that he was ok.
I worried.
Cuz I'm the mom.
It's what I do.

I tossed and turned last night, couldn't sleep, worried that my baby was lying in hot stuffy bunk bed cabin thirsty.
But then I remembered.
"A little dehydrated"
and
"but he's ok."
So I managed to go to sleep....some.

Then Justin came home and the first story out of his mouth is how he threw up cuz his stomach hurt really bad and he got to ride in the special cart and go to the conference center and get medicine and lots and lots of water from some really nice ladies.

Yeah.
"A little dehydrated."
Grrrrrr

The following I will refer to as Exhibits E, F & G.
A little less on the giving me a cardiac episode scale but nonetheless...




So there you have it.
My argument
that if you are the mother of the boys....
don't go to summer camp.
Send the father...
just be prepared to drive 85mph to get your baby when he becomes "a little dehydrated."
The End.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a TOTALLY AWESOME summer camp! I say Mom's don't go, because it is hot and sweaty. Just saying....

    ReplyDelete