Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ready for a BIG adoption update?!!

Yeah.
Me too.
I got nuthin.

We wait.
And we wait.
And we wait.
And...well, never mind.

Feeling a little blech. But I know it's coming soon. Our USCIS approval will come soon.
Our answer to kiddo #2/#6 will come soon.
It's comin.
I've just gotta hang on.

In other news it's been a karazy week around here.

Jordan made the All Star team, Jason is still in his regular season, which is great but we are now once again held hostage by baseball practice. We can't really go and see and do much because we have to have him on the field everyday by 5:45.

All Star season will end 2 days before John starts his new program and about 4 weeks before school starts up again.
-ugh-
So it looks like I will be vacaying with the kids myself this year. But that's ok, it's all good. John will soon be incredibly busy so it will be fun for us to get out and good for him to be able to fully focus.

John had his official graduation yesterday so that was a lot of fun.


Well.
Until we had to race out of there to run home and grab the twins and send them and John(who is one of the counselors) off to summer camp.

Here are some pics of the twins getting ready for their first ever sleep away camp:


Saying goodbye:


Aren't they cute?:

Yeah.
No pictures.
I am lame.
I have failed.
If you really want to know what that moment was like it looked a bit like me throwing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, water bottles and bananas at them for the trip all the while saying "I love you!"
and
"Mommy will miss you!"
and
"Don't forget to brush your teeth at least once while you are there!"
as I chucked Goldfish their way.
Yeah.
Not exactly a Hallmark moment.

All of that coupled with so many tough goodbyes this week.
Goodbye to Australia.
Goodbye to Jack's BFF Kaden.

Goodbye to nearly everyone that we have come to know in the last 11 months has left me somewhat weary.

So I'm ready. I'm ready for a new week. I'm ready for a renewal. I'm not ready to start all over again with meeting new people for the next 11 months.
But that will come.
Our answers will come.
Our kids will come.
And my funny blogging mo-jo. Well, hopefully that will come back too.

4 comments:

  1. I am so ready for a big adoption update... wish I had one to share...

    Glad you got a good pic of the two of you without the garage back ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet Sonia. Hang in there darlin'. Remember this..."But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isa 40:31 Love you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jordan on the all-star selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad leaving friends, but I'm sure you are looking forward to a new adventure!

    I'm curious how you are adopting a #6 (that one I understand), but you do you say #2? Are you going by age? I just thought it would #'s 5 and 6. Maybe I'm confused.

    Have you found out who your NBC officer is yet? They should at least be able to tell you that? I'm not too far from the Hague process, since I just came home in Feb. with our daughter.

    ReplyDelete