Friday, March 26, 2010

Name Game Extended Edition

Just for fun, a little glimpse at the meanings of the names.

Joseph - God added. Joseph also being the name of Jesus's adoptive father. How profound.
John - God's grace
Jonah - Dove, or Peace
Josiah - God heals Our "baby" survived open heart surgery at 8 weeks old and lay in a hospital alone for nearly two months afterward. God heals? Absolutely, bet your britches He does.
Joshua - Salvation We CAN NOT wait to be able to share the love of the Savior with him!
Sponge - Rectangular scrubby thing you clean with. Comes in a variety of colors. Most prominently in yellow. Best friend: one Patrick Star...a talking star fish...nuff said.

The Middle Edition:

Samuel - Requested of God. Also significant that one of my favorite verses is 1 Samuel 1:27 which says, "For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him" Hello. Love it when the Word leaps out at you!

Benjamin - Son Need I say more? :)

Henry - Home ruler (definitely not my favorite meaning, but really like the name Henry...what to do, what to do....)

David - Beloved A little Biblical synopsis for you on one part of David's life: David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied ... today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air ... and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel ... it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands."
Bob - Middle name? Or last name of the popular sponge. He's charming, witty and enjoys jelly fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment