Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Name Game

What's in a name? Well, a lot. What's in naming an almost 6 year old? 4 brothers who think they have the perfect name....and one stranger who commented the other day that we should let him choose his own name. Ummm ok. Have you spoken with many 6 year old boys lately sir? I think he'd end up named something like Transformer Galactagon the III. Or Blue Monster Truck or Sponge Bob. "Sponge Bob! Time for dinner!", "Galactagon, time to go to the park!" yeah. Not happenin. So my friends, jump in and jump over to the poll on the sidebar and vote! Vote for your favorite name!Whichever name we choose we will also be adding his Chinese first name. So without further ado, I give you our top 5 name choices.

1. John David
2. Joseph Samuel(Joey for short)
3. Jonah Benjamin
4. Joshua Henry
5. Josiah Samuel Sponge Bob (Just kidding, makin sure you are paying attention)

So vote! Don't fear the poll button. It won't bite.

7 comments:

  1. I had a student who got to name himself once -- his name is Aniken -- that's right as in Skywalker. It was cool when he was 8, but is sort of embarrassed by it now that he's in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great names! Where'd you get the voting widget? Geeks like me need to know these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like a Joey to me! Love all the names except Sponge Bob! I would love to know all the Biblical meanings. I know one Biblical meaning for Joseph that we found is - Added by God! I think that is very appropriate! That is our new son Caleb's middle name!

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is for Joseph Daniel as they are family names! Ryan Joseph Jacobs, and my Grandfather Daniel Joseph Ryan. Could you have done any better with the combo my FDIL?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that was not one of the combo's, but what the heck, I'm the Grannee so I can put in my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Joshua Henry Martin! It has a ring to it!!
    Daddyo!

    ReplyDelete