Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boy Mom

Now if ya'll know me I am not too much of a girlie-girl. I have begun in recent years to catch on to that side of me a bit more than I used to but still I am far from dipping myself in pink and diamonds. In fact, more often than not I am in desperate need of a pedicure, a manicure(whatever that is) and can often.....errr...sometimes...err....periodically be found driving my kids to school in the morning with my pajama pants on. It also does not bother me that even the dog seems to continually be covered in clay from the baseball fields, that there are at a minimum of 3 candles burning in the house at all times to ward off the stinky boy feet smell, or that I buy milk at Costc* 5 gallons at a time. I have decided it is just survival. And surrounded by this many males, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

So imagine my delight when my bloggy friend Jennifer(check out Ms. W here), who has three boys of her own and just came back from Ch*na with her beautiful daughter posted about a site called Boy Mom Designs. Hello! Are you kidding me? T-shirts geared directly for those us surrounded and engulfed by testosterone? I'm in!

Though I typically buy all of my clothes off of the Targ*t clearance rack(unless it's a sundress...I am ever so incredibly slightly addicted to sundresses and flip flops), I couldn't help but splurge on a tee.


I need this. I need this tee than for no other reason than it silently conveys the message to other females that hello! This girl could use a chat about anything feminine right now! Come on over! Talk to me! Let's discuss something, anything that does not involve jock straps, how big your burp was at the lunchroom table that day, or how you haven't changed your socks in three days. Anyone? Can anyone hear me?

I cannot wait to throw on a pair of white capri's, some black flip flops and head out in this shirt! Got boys? Check em out here.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might qualify for this shirt since the girls in the house are currently out numbered! On the burping thing, we discovered that Caleb can make himself burp on command! I laughed so hard that I cried the first time he shared his talent with us!

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your post to my husband and laughing out loud! You deserve this shirt more than anyone I know!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete