Monday, April 19, 2010

Well that was unexpected......

I came home from picking up Jason today and was catching up on the day with the hubs as I began to sort through the mail he had put on the counter.

Let me stop there and say this.....what on earth and how does he do that?

I have no self control when it comes to mail and packages.

They arrive.

I tear them open.

It's how normal people behave.

And then there's my husband.

Homeboy has the ability to leave not only mail but PACKAGES laying around for hours....sometimes days......before he will open them.

Ummm....hello?!!

How on earth does he do that?

But I digress.

So today. It's me. It's John.

It's me not even being able to complete a conversation with him without idly sifting through the mail whilst we talk.

And that's when I saw this:




Yep. A card. Hand addressed to me.

-sigh- it is just food for my heart I tell ya.

Well. Little did I know, it was about to get better because look what was inside:



Awwwww!!! How sweet!!! Someone misses me!!!

You see, here's the thing.

We move.

We move a lot.

Our last base especially was one of those assignments where I had a stellar group of friends.

They were and still are very cool people.

So upon seeing this card, my brain immediately jumped to

"Oh my goodness!! My friends got together and sent me an I miss you card!" "They are the greatest!! Oh how I love them!!"



And then I opened the card.




Excuse me?


ProAct*v misses me?

Dude they aren't even missing the right person! They should be missing one of these teenagers I live with and their acne!! The acne isn't even mine!! Sheesh! The nerve!

-sigh-

Oh, and that hand addressed part that I mentioned...well. In all of my glee to rip it open I failed to really look that closely and noticed that it was computer generated.

Man those fonts can be tricky.

4 comments:

  1. So those tricky little marketing folks got you too eh? Don't ya know those "focus groups" must have a wicked sense of humor??
    Daddyo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, hee! Sorry that it wasn't something better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! That is hilarious. You just made my morning. You really need to write a book. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA! Funny!!! Am I one of those stellar people perhaps? I must send you a card right away.

    ReplyDelete